The structure of the port authority
Article 75. of the Act on Maritime Domain and Seaports prescribes that there can be several port authorities founded for purposes of administration, construction and the use of ports open for public traffic which are of county and local relevance.
The County Port Authority of Krk was founded for the administration, construction and use of ports open for public traffic of county and local relevance in the area of autonomous local units on the island of Krk.
The County Port Authority of Krk was founded on the basis of Article 31. of the Act on Maritime Seaports and Article 7. of the Institutions Act passed by the county authorities of the Primorsko-goranska county on April 8th, 1999.
The Port Authority is a non-profit legal entity with rights and obligations laid down by law, the Act on Establishment and the Statute.
The County Port Authority of Krk administers the following ports open for public traffic of county relevance: : Baška, Krk, Malinska, Omišalj, Punat, Surbova-Baška, Šilo, Valbiska and Vrbnik.
The County Port Authority of Krk administers the following ports open for public traffic of local relevance: Čižići (Dobrinj), Dunat, Glavotok, Klimno, Lokvišća (Šilo), Njivice, Porat (Malinska), Rova (Malinska), Soline (Dobrinj), Stara Baška, Sv. Fuska, Vantačići (Malinska), Vela Jana and Voz.
The County Port Authority is being administered by the Board of Directors.
The members of the Board of Directors are:
- Ljudevit Krpan , director, representative of the founders
- Vlado Šušak, representative of the founders
- Nedeljko Dunato, representative of the founders
- Danko Milohnić, predstavnik koncesionara
- Milo Miklaušić, representative of the jurisdictive Harborsmasters ' office
The work of the County Port Authority is being managed by the General Manager, who organizes and manages the business of the County Port Authority of Krk.
The General Manager of the County Port Authority of Krk is Goran Lajnert.
The scope of the business of the County Port Authority of Krk
The following services are within the scope of the business of the County Port Authority:
- responsibility for the construction, maintenance, administration, protection and development of the maritime good
- the construction and maintenance of the ports' substructure
- the professional surveillance of the construction, administration and protection of the ports' area ( the ports' substructure and superstructure)
- to secure permanent and undisturbed maritime traffic, technical and technological unity and the safety of traffic
- to secure services of general interest or services other economic subjects have no economic interest in
- the coordination and surveillance of the work of authorized persons of the concessions who conduct economic business in the ports' area
- making decisions about the foundation and administration of a free zone in the ports' area in accordance with the documents which regulate free zones
- other business regulated by the law
On basis of Article 60. of the Act on Maritime Domain and Seaports the revenues of the Port Authority are:
- port fees
- fees from the concessions on port business
- resources from the budget of the founders
- other revenues
The County Port Authority of Krk is a non-profit legal entity which is subject to organizational regulations. The Regulations on the accountancy of non-profit organizations, the Ordinance on accounting and the financial plan of non-profit organizations apply to its financial business.