Investment project - Port Krk
Location of the port
The town of Krk (3400 inhabitants) is located on the south-west coast of Krk Island. It is the administrative centre of the entire island. It is the strongest tourist destination of the island accounting for 25% of tourist traffic on the island.
Port Krk is located in the centre of Krk town, right next to the historical centre by the bottom of the bay, which makes it absolutely safe for boats, and the view of medieval walls makes an amazing attraction for the guests on board.
Current status of the port
Port Krk has the status of a port of county significance, and it consists of 170 m of operative quays (120 m for occasional passenger maritime transport and 50 m for fishing boats), a communal section of the port with a capacity for 385 boats, while the nautical section has a capacity of 50 berths.
The supply of electricity and drinking water is ensured, and it is equipped with two gas stations, one of which is floating.
The project of port Krk plans 200 new berths, and it includes:
- reconstruction of the historical part of the port with the extension of Veli and Ribarski mul;
- a 200 m extension of the main breakwater;
- construction of a secondary breakwater 90 m long;
- construction of mooring posts in Portopizana.
Possibilities and benefits of investment
- location permit - valid from 4/2015;
- designed main project;
- the possibility of obtaining a concession for a part of the port;
- planned investment value with 200 new berths: 50 million Croatian kuna.