Investment project - Port Baška
Location of the port
Port Baška is located on the south-east coast of Krk Island, on the coastal part of the historic centre of the village of Baška (1000 inhabitants).
East of the port is the promenade Palada and Vela plaža, one of the most beautiful and largest natural pebble beaches of the Adriatic.
Baška is a significant tourist destination with great potential for active holidays and a position on the route for cruising to the north or south of the Adriatic, islands especially favourite to boaters.
The existing port
The existing port has a capacity of 365 berths over 140 m of operative coast. It is open to public traffic of county importance, with an ensured supply of electricity and drinking water.
During recent years investments were made in the renovation of Mala Riva as a precondition for further investment in security and capacity expansion.
The project of port Baška with 400 new berths includes:
- extension of the primary breakwater Vela Riva;
- extension of the secondary breakwater Mala Riva;
- extension and construction of piers for mooring.
Possibilities and benefits of investment
- location permit – 5/2015;
- designed main project;
- construction permit – 12/2015;
- the possibility of obtaining a concession for a part of the port;
- planned investment with 400 new berths - 25 million Croatian kuna.